core dumps

Mike Clarkson mike at ists
Sat Apr 23 04:40:02 AEST 1988

In article <4782 at ozdaltx.UUCP>, root at ozdaltx.UUCP (Scotty) writes:
> Is anyone else running news on SCO XENIX running into
> 'Memory Fault - Core dump' on certain article headers where
> the Newsgroup line is extreamly long? (Ie. > 128 chars?).

Yes, this is happening to me too.  I can't seem to find where this is
happening.  The field in hbuf for the newsgroups line is usually set to
LBUFLEN which is 1024,

<header.h>
struct	hbuf {
	char	from[BUFLEN];		/* From:		*/
	char	path[PATHLEN];		/* Path:		*/
	char	nbuf[LBUFLEN];		/* Newsgroups:		*/

but somewhere this must be getting jammed into something of BUFLEN in
size, which is 128 on small address space systems.

Can anyone find where this is happening?

--
Mike Clarkson						mike at ists.UUCP
Institute for Space and Terrestrial Science