final: "install" on SCO Xenix

The Super User root at libove.UUCP
Sun Apr 17 22:53:05 AEST 1988

Hello again world. I posted about the "install" program that was
missing from my SCO Xenix system, but which seemed standard on BSD
systems. Well, I took a good look at the BSD install - it is a
shell script. It has the Berkeley etc... copyright at the top so
I won't post it here, but since it is only a shell script, and it
must be run as root to do group/owner changes etc... it should be
really simple to write from scratch. Hey, SCO, you listening? How
about someone doing so?
Point of information: the /etc/install script on SCO Xenix is a shell
script to tar off stuff from distribution floppies, no magic and not
what I was looking for. The BSD install script does cp/mv operations,
chmods, chowns, chgrps, etc... so you can give one command to "install"
programs where they belong instead of many.
Thanks for the responses all.
Jay Libove (Jay.Libove at andrew.cmu.edu  or  pitt!darth!libove!libove)
--
Jay Libove (Jay.Libove at andrew.cmu.edu  or  pitt!darth!libove!libove)