Xenix 386 help, Thanks!

Karl Denninger karl at ddsw1.UUCP
Thu Apr 28 00:30:17 AEST 1988

In article <181 at ssbn.WLK.COM> bill at ssbn.WLK.COM (Bill Kennedy) writes:
>First let me say "Thank You" for all of the kind offers I got.  I think
>I acknowledged everyone, but there was such a flurry, please forgive me
>if I overlooked someone.
>
>In conclusion, there are industrial strength rumors going around that the
>Honey DanBer uucp will be available this year.  I have considerable experience
>with HDB and will be glad to help anyone who needs it when it's available.
>Speaking only for myself, I am going to *run*, not walk to get HDB as soon as
>it's out.  It's really no more mysterious than the one we have, it's just that
>the docs stink and, therefore, make it look less approachable.  Again, many
>thanks,  I'll shut up until I have something to contribute.

Hopefully the version of HDB they release will support "grading".  This is
a feature in the 4BSD uucp which allows you to send only mail, for example,
on a call and have the other end poll you for news.  (It allows assigning
"priority" to jobs, and minimum priority to be sent with any particular
connection when you poll outbound).

This is the one thing missing from Uport's HDB implementation, and it is
sorely missed (I know, many/most of the AT&T versions don't have it
either).  Perhaps SCO can get yet another "leg up" by implementing this
very useful feature!

----
Karl Denninger                 |  Data: +1 312 566-8912
Macro Computer Solutions, Inc. | Voice: +1 312 566-8910
...ihnp4!ddsw1!karl            | "Quality solutions for work or play"