Replacement '386 motherboards ?

Steve Dyer dyer at spdcc.COM
Wed Apr 13 14:43:11 AEST 1988

In article <539 at bronson.UUCP>, tan at bronson.UUCP (N.R. "Tan" Bronson) writes:
>     I would like to upgrade my PC limited 8mhz '286, running SCO 2.1.3,
> to a '386 running SC0 2.2.
> The features I'd like are:
>     - BIOS which will let me run vp/ix and use my WD1003 disk controller

VP/ix doesn't use your machine's BIOS.  It runs a BIOS provided
by Phoenix which runs on the virtual 8086 machine provided by XENIX.

>     How much faster is this going to be than my '286 system ?

Like going from a Z80 to a 286, the 386 is SO much better in every way
than the 286 that it's unimaginable to ever go back.

--
Steve Dyer
dyer at harvard.harvard.edu
dyer at spdcc.COM aka {ihnp4,harvard,husc6,linus,ima,bbn,m2c}!spdcc!dyer