Replacement '386 motherboards ?

N.R. "Tan" Bronson tan at bronson.UUCP
Tue Apr 12 12:17:44 AEST 1988

    I would like to upgrade my PC limited 8mhz '286, running SCO 2.1.3,
to a '386 running SC0 2.2.
    The most attractive would appear to be to replace my motherboard.
So what options do I have? I want to run SCO xenix and I want to be able
to run vp/ix.  The features I'd like are:
    - 16-20Mhz
    - 64-128k cache
    - 4Meg of zero wait state memory
    - BIOS which will let me run vp/ix and use my WD1003 disk controller
    - fit into my PC Limited chassis w/minimal changes
    - verified to work w/SCO xenix

    The Intel motherboard seems like the major choice I have.
    What are the 'safe' revisions to purchase ?
    What price should I be able to get ?
    How much faster is this going to be than my '286 system ?

    What other options do I have ?
--
Name....:  Tan Bronson
Company.:  Microvation Consultants