A/UX performance

Hernan'Jackie' Macapanpan jackie at Apple.COM
Sat Apr 9 02:04:43 AEST 1988

In article <171 at tekbspa.UUCP>, joe at tekbspa.UUCP (Joe Angelo) writes:
> I've yet had time to run real bmarks on our MacII A/UX, but from just
> tinkering and fussing around ... i've can instinctively say that
> MacII A/UX is horribly slow in regards to process switching and disk
> utilitzation in ''init 2''

How much physical memory are you running with ?

> I've only had A/UX up (here) for the past day and already have
> a six page ``feature'' list. This entire A/UX thing has really
> blown my mind. There is a VERY strange mixture of OS's and
> commands and a large number of commands don't generate the output
> one would expect.

Strange? Are you a BSD or SysV user? What kinda system are you used to running
on anyway? :-)

 Disclaimer: I works heres, buts theys don'ts knows I's cans types.

Hernan 'Jackie' Macapanpan			      amdahl \
Technical Communications/A/UX Hotline	  pyramid!sun - apple!jackie
Apple Computer, Inc. (408) 996-1010		      decwrl /