multi port boards

Daniel Wynalda danielw at killer.UUCP
Thu Apr 21 05:26:36 AEST 1988

I just ordered SCO Xenix 386 for a new SCO Xenix system I am setting up.
I am seriously considering buying a Mylex 386 Motherboard and basing a system
around that.  It runs at 20mhz and 0 wait states.

I need to purchase 2 8 port smart I/O cards for an AT style bus to run this
system with.  Can someone please mail me your responses as to which boards
you use/recommend and do not recommend.  I am familiar with the 2 Computone
ATvantage X boards I now have and like them.  However if there are faster
or better boards I am VERY interested.   I would like to keep total cost
under $2000 for these 2 boards, although it is not a requirement.

The ability to transparent print is also nice, but not a necessity.  I am
more interested that it run at 20 mhz on the 386 system.

Speed is my biggest concern.  I really need intelligent boards as they are
to be used.

Thank you.

--

	Daniel Wynalda