GETTY replacement for SCO Xenix

Steven P. Donegan donegan at stanton.TCC.COM
Fri Apr 22 12:27:48 AEST 1988

In article <460 at remsit.UUCP>, rem at remsit.UUCP (Roger Murray) writes:
> A friend of mine has a BBS and needs the system to be able to answer the phone
> at various baud rates without the user having to send BREAKs.  He's been
> running Microport (and using uutty) but is switching over to SCO and needs an
> eqivalent program.

If you set the SCO XENIX /etc/ttys file to gettydef #3 and modify the autobaud
sequence to 2400/1200/300, a simple framing error will cause the cycle to
autobaud properly. My bbs uses this method and all a remote (non 2400) user
has to do is hit a ANY key and the next lowest baud rate will be selected.
Works for me and my 500+ BBS users, should work for you. If you wish more
detailed help send mail.
--
Steven P. Donegan
Sr. Telecommunications Analyst