Compiler error with #include <fcntl.h>

Stefano Bonfa radsb at yabbie.rmit.oz
Thu Apr 14 12:28:14 AEST 1988

Help, please.

I have struck a problem with my SCO software development package.

In the past couple of days I have attempted to compile a new 'dial'
program, but have encountered a compiler error regarding one of the
#include files. The line causing trouble is -

	#include <fcntl.h>

The compiler aborts with a message about there being too many include
files. A search for the file 'fcntl.h' reveals that there are two;
one in /usr/include and a second in /usr/include/sys.

The text of /usr/include/fcntl.h is -

	#include <sys/fcntl.h>

The problem appears to lie in /usr/include/sys/fcntl.h as its text is -

	#include <sys/fcntl.h>

Please, is there anyone out there with the correct fcntl.h file ??
I do need this as quickly as possible.

	David Green		c/-	radsb at yabbie.rmit.oz
					{...}!uunet!munnari!goanna!yabbie!radsb