Elm and XENIX

Steven P. Donegan donegan at stanton.TCC.COM
Wed Apr 13 00:12:56 AEST 1988

In article <150 at amcad.UUCP>, billb at amcad.UUCP (Bill Burton) writes:
> In article <10861 at codas.att.com>  writes:
>I am running XENIX 386 and would like to use the Elm
>mail system.  I have the latest source code for Elm but
>cannot get it to run on my system.  What can I do to
>make it work with XENIX 386.  I have Rel 2.2.2 with
>latest 386 development system.

I have elm 1.7 working quite well on my SCO 2.2.1 (286) system. The only
problems I have noted so far are:

1) Encrypted mail does not work. Either with the hacked up non crypt code or
   with a 'real' crypt.o from an earlier development system (before irrational
   security paranoia set in).

2) If a user is in elm in some functions and gets disconnected the session
   remains running - SIGHUP appears to have been defused.

If you want a copy of my sources let me know, or if enough people want this
code to justify the bandwidth usage I'll be happy to post.

--
Steven P. Donegan
Sr. Telecommunications Analyst