Need EMACS source for SCO XENIX

Keith Gabryelski ag at portnoy.UUCP
Wed Apr 27 09:53:18 AEST 1988

In article <22135 at teknowledge-vaxc.ARPA> rrodrigu at teknowledge-vaxc.ARPA
(Russ Rodriguez) writes:

    Does anyone know of (or have) a distribution of EMACS (GNU or
    otherwise) that can be compiled under SCO XENIX?  I'm interested
    in getting source code or will settle for a compiled version. Even
    a small bit of help would be of great value to me.

GnuEmacs 18.50 will work on SCO XENIX 2.2.* (386 box only).  18.50 is
distributed with the m-Intel386.h (machine defines) and s-xenix.h
(system defines) files that will work on sco xenix (with minor
hackery).

You can anonymous ftp Gnumacs from serveral places including prep and
ucbvax (documentation on this is available from lots 'o sources).

You can uucp Gnumacs from osu-cis.  The nice system admin posted a
messages to comp.sources.misc a couple of weeks ago about anonymous
uucp logins for most (all?) gnu software and more (news... rn..
appletalk).

pax, Keith
--
[  Keith   ]  UUCP: {ucsd, cbosgd!crash, sdcsvax!crash, nosc!crash}!portnoy!ag
[Gabryelski]  INET: ag at portnoy.cts.com         ARPA: crash!portnoy!ag at nosc.mil