Bell Tech 386 SysVr3

Peter da Silva peter at ficc.UUCP
Thu Aug 4 05:53:04 AEST 1988

In article ... jbayer at ispi.UUCP (id for use with uunet/usenet) writes:
> Xenix has been available for several years now.  I didn't see any other
> versions of unix until about a year ago.

Gee, I must have imagined that I've been using UNIX since 1979 or so.
Or do you just mean "UNIX on PCs" (remember, intel's braindamaged CPU
isn't the whole world)... even then you're still wrong. Venturcom had
one of the first UNIXes for the IBM-PC with Venix.

I'll leave the rest of the article for others even more disenchanted
with Microsoft than I.
--
Peter da Silva, Ferranti International Controls Corporation, sugar!ficc!peter.
"You made a TIME MACHINE out of a VOLKSWAGEN BEETLE?"