Bell Tech 386 SysVr3

RICHARD RONTELTAP richard at neabbs.UUCP
Thu Aug 11 10:41:44 AEST 1988

(Sorry, can't quote)

[ Comparing XENIX <-> Microport <-> Bell Tech is garbage. ]

I don't agree. Im using SCO XENIX (working great) and have had NO
experience with other UNIX flavours.

So I'm following the comparisions/flames/metaphores with great
interest. Since UNIXes are (more or less) the same, I would be
perfectly willing to step over to another UNIX, for speed, elegance or
reliability.

Of course everyone submits their own subjecttive view, (I really
enjoyed the Farrari <> Cadillac article), but some information is very
real. (Like filesystem speed, serial driver bugs, shared data bugs,
support experiences, etc.)

Aren't you only a bit upset because MicroPort is getting a lot of flag
these last few days?

Keep 'em coming!

Richard
(...!mcvax!telmail!neabbs!richard!)