/etc/inittab Problems with SCO XENIX-286

Robert Claeson robert at pvab.UUCP
Sat Aug 20 05:49:44 AEST 1988

In article <103 at jetson.UPMA.MD.US>, john at jetson.UPMA.MD.US (John Owens) writes:

> Release 2.3 has the same basic init paradigm as release 2.2,
> however, the merged product release (probably to be numbered 3.2)
> will have an inittab-reading init, with Xenix functionality
> built on top of it (i.e., sulogin).

3.2 is the same version number as AT&T uses for their merger. And they
(AT&T) only sells it for 3bx's and 386 machines. Will i ever be able
to upgrade my SCO Xenix286 2.2.1 to Xenix286 3.2 and run it on my 286
AT-compatible machine, or will I have to wait 'til I can get a 386?