/etc/inittab Problems with SCO XENIX-286

Sanford 'Sandy' Zelkovitz sandy at turnkey.TCC.COM
Tue Aug 16 21:40:29 AEST 1988

In article <160 at ispi.UUCP>, jbayer at ispi.UUCP (id for use with uunet/usenet) writes:
> In article <12997 at mimsy.UUCP>, meyer at mimsy.UUCP (John R. Meyer) writes:
> > Hello Netlanders --
> >
> > 	I am trying to get the /usr/bin/sysadmsh shell going in multiscreen
> > /dev/tty05 using /etc/inittab.  I have the line
>
> In SCO Xenix the inittab file is not fully functional.  Looking at the manual
> it says that the program telinit converts the inittab file to the ttys file.
> Because of this it ignores the program name at the end of the line.

If you call my bbs at 714-898-8634, you can download the file, initnew.tar.Z,
which contains a REAL working version of init/inittab along with an emulation
of uugetty. The file can be found in the xenix_enhance directory. All the SysV
functions are completely emulated so you can follow any SysV manual on how to
setup your inittab. I have been using the code, without any failures now, for
over 2 years! BTW, an installation shell script is also included so all the
work is done for you.

Sandy     XBBS    714-898-8634