new groups for iX86 unix (was: Bell Tech 386 SysVr3)

Wolf N. Paul wnp at dcs.UUCP
Fri Aug 19 23:03:43 AEST 1988

In article <5562 at rpp386.UUCP> jfh at rpp386.UUCP (The Beach Bum) writes:
>there is precious little point in adding all those groups.  someone will
>only think of a new way to add even more groups.  what is needed is to
>take the uPort/Xenix flaming out of these groups for good.

That's right. And if we were to create all these groups, the folks who want
to flame and get maximum exposure for their flames (which is why they cross-post
in the first place) would just cross-post to six groups instead of two. The
signal-to-noise ratio cannot be lowered without the cooperation of those who
chose to make noise, new groups won't do it.
UUCP:     killer!dcs!wnp                 ESL: 62832882
DOMAIN:   wnp%dcs at killer.dallas.tx.us    TLX: 910-380-0585 EES PLANO UD