Xenix reliability (Was: Re: Bell Tech 386 SysVr3)

John F. Haugh II jfh at rpp386.UUCP
Sun Aug 7 08:40:15 AEST 1988

In article <1498 at ddsw1.UUCP> karl at ddsw1.UUCP (Karl Denninger) writes:
>In article <152 at ispi.UUCP> jbayer at ispi.UUCP (id for use with uunet/usenet) writes:
>>In article <1988Jul30.141708.3175 at gpu.utcs.toronto.edu>, woods at gpu.utcs.toronto.edu (Greg Woods) writes:
>>>
>>> Anyone who thinks Xenix is reliable has NEVER seen a truely reliable system.

output of `stat' from crash on rpp386:

	sysname: XENIX
	nodename: rpp386
	release: 2.2.1
	version: SysV
	machine: i80386
	time of crash: Sat Aug  6 17:38:50 1988
	age of system: 31 days, 5 hrs., 27 mins.

thirty one days looks like reliable to me.
--
John F. Haugh II                 +--------- Cute Chocolate Quote ---------
HASA, "S" Division               | "USENET should not be confused with