Korn shell available?

Bill Kennedy bill at carpet.WLK.COM
Sun Aug 28 02:13:26 AEST 1988

davidsen at crdos1.UUCP (bill davidsen) writes:
ucdked!cck at deneb.ucdavis.edu (Earl H. Kinmonth) writes:
tensor at killer.DALLAS.TX.US (Steven Murphy) writes:
>| >Is there Korn shell available for Xenix x86? Please let me know. Any other
>| >shells would also be of intrest.
[ discussion of MKS ]

>Since there is a version available I don't think this was a fair criticism.

There is another, I originally got mine for a PC 6300 PLUS and got a 40%
discount when I upgraded to Xenix -

Aspen Technologies, Inc.
P.O. Box 5727
Parsippany, NJ  07054   (201) 316-0866 (they accept collect calls)

A nice addition they made to ksh is kforms, a menu-like thing that lets
you do things within the shell that you'd otherwise have to do (sigh!)
with curses...  Last note, they are the only source for documentation
written for mere mortals, very easy to understand and even examples that
serve a useful purpose.  Foo and baz are OK, but these people give you
something to type in and watch!
--
Bill Kennedy  Internet:  bill at ssbn.WLK.COM
                Usenet:  { killer | att | rutgers | uunet!bigtex }!ssbn!bill