Korn shell available?

William E. Davidsen Jr davidsen at steinmetz.ge.com
Wed Aug 31 02:54:24 AEST 1988

In article <256 at belltec.UUCP> dar at belltec.UUCP (Dimitri Rotow) writes:

| (sigh!) I wish ! AT&T sells KSH sources through the "Toolchest" where a
| single fixed price gets you source code plus unlimited rights to binary
| redistribution royalty free.  The current charge for KSH is $20,000, rather
| steep when you consider that far more complex packages go for much less.

	Perhaps you're looking at the wrong charge here? The cost of a
vendor license is, as you say, $20k, with the right to resell the
binary at any price (including free with your product). For about $4k
you can get a site license for all computers at one location. I would
expect that anyplace with a few systems would find that a pretty small
cost per machine.

--
	bill davidsen		(wedu at ge-crd.arpa)