I think we have a proposal on our hands (re: intel U**X)

Paul Vixie vixie at decwrl.dec.com
Sat Aug 20 19:23:02 AEST 1988

In <1988Aug19.122042.19070 at ateng.uucp> chip at ateng.UUCP (Chip Salzenberg):
#     comp.unix.xenix         Microsoft Xenix and its derivatives
#     comp.unix.sysv.i286     AT&T Unix System V for the '286
#     comp.unix.sysv.i386     AT&T Unix System V for the '386
and   comp.unix.microport     (destroyed)

This is what I proposed in my last message; Chip's proposal was in response
to a different article.

I think this means that two people have the same proposal.  Which, in turn,
makes me want to ask: who wants to collect votes and try to keep track of
dissenting / alternate opinions?  I don't want the job.  But I'll coordinate
the selection of someone else to do it.

If you want to manage the voting process on the above referendum, please
send me mail.  DO NOT SEND ME YOUR VOTES.  I don't want them.  WE ARE NOT
VOTING ON THIS YET.

[Again I'll say: my employer doesn't know I'm doing this, or (I assume) care]
--
Paul Vixie
Digital Equipment Corporation	Work:  vixie at dec.com	Play:  paul at vixie.UUCP