Bell Tech 386 SysVr3 (really a put-down of Xenix)

John Plocher plocher at uport.UUCP
Sat Aug 6 17:18:32 AEST 1988

In article <1090 at turnkey.TCC.COM> Sanford 'Sandy' Zelkovitz writes:
>Let's talk about apples with apples: The Intel 386 "C" compiler and the
>Microsoft "C" compiler ......... Microport thought so much about the Intel
>                                 compiler that they don't use it anymore!

	Where did you hear this?  Not from here, cuz we *do* use the Intel
	"pcc" compiler on all our source - we *do* include the GreenHills C
	for those who want something else.

>Now to brass tacks! The interactive Unix system comes with only the provision
>for a two getty system. If you want more, you must buy the multi-user license.

	Don't blame ISC/BT/Microport for that one; the license requirement
	for more $$$ when (users > 2) is direct from AT&T :-(

	-John Plocher