/etc/inittab Problems with SCO XENIX-286

John Owens john at jetson.UPMA.MD.US
Fri Aug 19 01:23:48 AEST 1988

In article <100 at jetson.UPMA.MD.US>, I write:
> for SCO Xenix 2.3 (which I hear is now shipping and has the real
> System V init, with full inittab support)

It turns out that even though the article in DiSCOver makes it sound
(to me) like 2.3 is the merged release, it is not.  It just has more
sVr3.2 features.  Here's a note I got from amys at sco:

Subject: Re: our inittab
From: sco!amys (Amy Snader)

Release 2.3 has the same basic init paradigm as release 2.2,
however, the merged product release (probably to be numbered 3.2)
will have an inittab-reading init, with Xenix functionality
built on top of it (i.e., sulogin).

Sorry about any misunderstanding,
	--Amy

--
John Owens		john at jetson.UPMA.MD.US
SMART HOUSE L.P.	uunet!jetson!john		(old uucp)