Bell Tech 386 SysVr3 (really a put-down of Xenix)

Ronald O. Christian ronc at cerebus.UUCP
Tue Aug 30 03:54:31 AEST 1988

Sigh.  And another reason you may not see too much criticisim
of Xenix in this newsgroup is that such articles draw personal
attacks from Xenix zealots.  I would have expected this from
one of those pre-pubescent bulletin boards, but expected a more
civilized response from a Usenet technical newsgroup.

If the answer to my question was so trivial, why didn't SCO answer
it over the phone?  A simple "you need the Telebit disk" would have
sufficed.  SCO's "hotline" may be single-handedly keeping the other
Intel-based unix flavors in business.

I see I was correct in my decision to stick to big iron.  Leave
PC's to the children.

				Ron
--

      Ronald O. Christian (Fujitsu America Inc., San Jose, Calif.)
      {amdahl, pyramid, sun, unisoft, uunet}!cerebus!ronc

      Calling all Fujitsu Usenet sites!  Contact cerebus!ronc or
      ronc at fai.com to establish uucp connection.