SCO CGI question.

Keith Gabryelski ag at elgar.UUCP
Sun Aug 14 03:36:10 AEST 1988

In article <18182 at neabbs.UUCP> richard at neabbs.UUCP (RICHARD RONTELTAP) writes:
>[ Garbage on screen with VP/ix and CGI ]
>
>I think I've seen this problem too:
>It's a 'feature' of the ANSI console drivers, and is invoked by
><ESC>[12m.  It causes the high bit of every character to be flipped
>before display. That's why you can admire IBM's grahic characters and
>recognize textual patterns.
>
>You can switch back by typing: <ESC>[11m

Actually, I think you meant <ESC>[10m as the fix, right?  Nope, I
don't see a recognizable character on the screen.  It `looks' like the
actual character maps are screwed.  That is, instead of a 0x20 (space)
being mapped as:

		00000000
		00000000
		00000000
		00000000
		00000000
		00000000
		00000000
		00000000

It is mapped like:

		11111110
		01111011
		11011101
		11110111
		10101011
		11011010
		10111101
		01000011

And other similiar nonsense for other characters.  I see NO characters
that are in the IBM graphics set.

Pax, Keith
--
  "If green is all there is to be, then green is good enough for me" - ktf
[  Keith   ]  UUCP: {ucsd, cbosgd!crash, sdcsvax!crash, nosc!crash}!elgar!ag