Specifying control chars in L.sys file

Robert Claeson robert at pvab.UUCP
Fri Aug 26 21:56:34 AEST 1988

In article <375 at marob.MASA.COM>, daveh at marob.MASA.COM (Dave Hammond) writes:

> With regard to plain vanilla SCO Xenix 2.2 UUCP:
>
> Is there any way to specify in the L.sys file, that control characters other
> than Break and EOT be transmitted during a login sequence ?

I have a similar need. One site I want to connect to have their modems
connected to an Encore Annex terminal server, from which I have to use
'rlogin host' to open an 8-bit transparent connection to the machine.
I also have to send a few other strings first to disable xon/xoff flow
control.

And like Mr. Hammond, I have found no way to do this with SCO Xenix/286
2.2.1 UUCP.

Suggestions are welcome.

	- Robert

Robert Claeson                          Tel:   +46 8-7300300
PVAB                                    Fax:   +46 8-7301567
P.O. Box 4040                           Eunet: robert at pvab.se
S-171 04 Solna, Sweden                  Uucp:  {uunet,mcvax}!enea!pvab!robert