Disk drives

Chip Salzenberg chip at ateng.uucp
Fri Aug 12 04:27:39 AEST 1988

[I am redirecting this to comp.misc, since it doesn't relate to any
 one operating system.]

According to james at bigtex.uucp (James Van Artsdalen):
>I still recommend the CDC Wren-III.  [They] are built like tanks.

I must agree.  Ateng has a Wren-III (SCSI interface), and it's worked
without a hitch for almost a year.

HOWEVER...

Since a few months ago, the disk has been making an arritating whining
sound.  It's the kind of noise that drives dogs (and programmers :-)) batty.
It wouldn't be so bad, but it's constantly warbling about, and it sometimes
stops and then starts again.

What can I do to make that noise go away??
--
Chip Salzenberg                <chip at ateng.uu.net> or <uunet!ateng!chip>
A T Engineering                My employer may or may not agree with me.