19.2 Kbaud Serial under Xenix

Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX caf at omen.UUCP
Wed Jun 29 20:41:43 AEST 1988

In article <208 at ISIDAPS5.UUCP> mike at ISIDAPS5.UUCP (Mike Maloney) writes:
:I have Xenix System V, version 2.2.2 and need to support 19.2 Kbaud
:for some software I am writing.  The xenix documentation ( stty(C),
:stty(HW), termio(M) ) leads me to believe that only up to 9600 is
:supported.
:
:   Is there an undocumented way to get the terminal driver to
:   go to 19.2?
:
:   Does anyone know of public domain source for an alternate
:   terminal driver that will?
:
:   Does anyone know of a commercial communications package running
:   under xenix that will go 19.2 and interface with my custom software?

Depending on the flavor of Xenix, "stty exta" gives 19200 bps
and "stty extb" gives 38400.  The actual ability of Xenix to
accept input from serial ports at those speeds is a function
of the hardware and system loading.  It may be much less when
vpix is running or when a parallel line printer is active.