XENIX on an Inboard '386 ?

Steven P. Donegan donegan at stanton.TCC.COM
Sat Jun 4 23:39:47 AEST 1988

In article <399 at irs3.UUCP>, kbrown at irs3.UUCP (Ken Brown) writes:

> I have a true blue XT equipped with an Intel Inboard '386.  Does
> anyone know if XENIX will run on my hardware?
>
> Ken Brown
>
> kbrown at irs3.UUCP
> ...ihnp4!spl1!irs3!kbrown

Ken, I think SCO has support for the INBOARD 386 boards. You should check with
the sales or tech support folk at SCO to find out if your combination would
be capable of supporting XENIX.

I have found SCO very responsive to user requests, they may be able to help
you get one of their supported releases to run on your (perhaps) unsupported
combination.

I would also suggest that you look into getting a floppy controller that will
support the 1.2 meg high density floppies, my guess is that you will probably
need it to install the 386 software and will be much better of when backup
time comes around.

--
Steven P. Donegan
Sr. Telecommunications Analyst