DNA trp (was: Re: What do panic messages mean?)

Wolf N. Paul wnp at dcs.UUCP
Sun Jun 5 23:04:21 AEST 1988

In article <2375 at rpp386.UUCP> jfh at rpp386.UUCP (The Beach Bum) writes:
>i went off and did a strings on /xenix.  i didn't find anything labeled
>`[Tt]riple' anything, and here are the only `trap' things:
>
>Reschedule trap
>DNA trap in kernel mode
>
>now, what i want to know is what is a DNA trap?  does this mean the
>machine has been genetically mutated?

It means what consistent observation of USENET postings confirms:

   Most programmers' typing is rather mutated (mutilated?).

I have a poster of "Computer Laws". One of them says,

   As soon as you make it possible for programmers to write
   their programs in English, you find out that programmers
   do not know how to write English.

Computers used to be programmed by flicking front panel switches. I presume
back then the law ran something like:

   As soon as you make it possible for programmers to use a
   terminal with a typewriter keyboard, you find out that
   programmers can't type.
UUCP:     ihnp4!killer!dcs!wnp                 ESL: 62832882
DOMAIN:   wnp at dcs.UUCP                         TLX: 910-280-0585 EES PLANO UD