What do panic messages mean?

brian chapman chapman at sco.COM
Wed Jun 15 07:41:04 AEST 1988

In article <2375 at rpp386.UUCP> jfh at rpp386.UUCP (The Beach Bum) writes:
< In article <6132 at cup.portal.com> Eric_D_Davis at cup.portal.com writes:
< >
< >The lady at SCO asked me where I was touching the computer
<
< i went off and did a strings on /xenix.  i didn't find anything labeled
< `[Tt]riple' anything, and here are the only `trap' things:
<
< Reschedule trap
< DNA trap in kernel mode
<
< now, what i want to know is what is a DNA trap?  does this mean the
< machine has been genetically mutated?

On the chance that this is a serious question I will attempt
to answer it.
DNA is Device Not Availible (floating point device, that is)
Meaning the kernel is executing *87 instructions.  Or trying to.
--
Brian Chapman	 uunet!sco!chapman