New: afio backups, directory ownership?

William E. Davidsen Jr davidsen at steinmetz.ge.com
Thu Jun 16 06:50:23 AEST 1988

In article <5842 at chinet.UUCP> les at chinet.UUCP (Leslie Mikesell) writes:

| As posted, afio gives directories the permissions of their parent when
| they are created because they are needed to hold a file.  Since the
| -depth flag to find causes the directories to be written last (necessary
| to deal with read-only directories) you don't get the original
| permissions restored.  A patch was posted to correct this not long
| after the afio posting.  I can dig it up if you need it.

  Please post the patch. There is a -x option, which I confidently
tested and found worked... my test was wrong (sorry jay).

  The use of the -x flag creates the directory with the correct group,
rather than default, but not user. It also won't chnage the date
modified, user or group if the directory already exists. I hope the
patch you have fixes this, although I admit I only use afio when there's
no real cpio to be had.
--
	bill davidsen		(wedu at ge-crd.arpa)