WRONG!

Sanford 'Sandy' Zelkovitz sandy at turnkey.TCC.COM
Wed Jun 8 10:40:21 AEST 1988

In article <11115 at steinmetz.ge.com>, davidsen at steinmetz.ge.com (William E. Davidsen Jr) writes:
> In article <51 at stanton.TCC.COM> donegan at stanton.TCC.COM (Steven P. Donegan) writes:
>   Let's stop this "is too" "is not" stuff. I think a number of people
> will thell you that Sandy has not been responsive even to the point of
> responding to fixes for existing bugs. I said before that's his
> privilege, but don't expect support. The quality of the code is not
> debateable, let anyone who cares pull the latest version and see what
> they think. Nobody cares in the least about your opinion (or mine, the
> original poster's, or Sandy's for that matter).

Bill,  I think your comment about not being too responsive about bugs and
support is a little unfair. I have spent MANY hours on the telephone with
people about code problems ( mostly ports to other operating systems ) and,
yes, bugs in the code. I try to fix them as soon as I am able to do so. You
see, I do have to earn a living to support my family so I can't devote all
of the time that I would like to on the cod. If I were able to do so, I
definately would. Many of the "bugs" that are reported may be bugs on other
ports of Unix; however, because I don't have the equipment to check it out
on their hardware/software, I have to rely on other inputs as fixes.

If I have not supported the code as much as others would like me to do so,
I am sorry. Many of the "support calls" are long distance and, to be honest
with you, I really do not want to pay for the call.

Sandy