WRONG!

Brandon S. Allbery allbery at ncoast.UUCP
Wed Jun 1 07:50:46 AEST 1988

Sandy:  I suspect that your "attacker" has got us confused -- although where
he got a copy of UNaXcess 0.2 (aka UBBS) I'll never know, as it was ncoast
internal and not available for distribution.

I admit that some things are "block copied" (although file area maintenance
was not, it started out as an external program and needs more than a simple
"collapsing" of duplicate code to integrate).  I've been cleaning them up
steadily (you, no doubt, wondered where 1.1 is?  That's where -- that, and
a badly needed linting), and 1.1 will be modular.

"Non-standard file formats":  some people praise me for using MH-style
messages, some flame me for it.  I'm sticking with separate ASCII files.
You just have to expect flames from someone.  (I expect I'll get MASSIVELY
flamed when 1.2 converts all the ASCII control files to hashed binary.)
Make your own choice -- and if someone else doesn't like those choices, they
can bloody well write their *own* BBS!

Yours in BBS authorship,
++Brandon
--
	      Brandon S. Allbery, moderator of comp.sources.misc
	{well!hoptoad,uunet!marque,cbosgd,sun!mandrill}!ncoast!allbery