PC AT won't drop DTR under xenix

Dave Levenson dave at westmark.UUCP
Sat Jun 4 13:35:37 AEST 1988

In article <398 at jc3b21.UUCP>, rac at jc3b21.UUCP (Roger A. Cornelius) writes:
>...But when I boot xenix, the first time I access the modem, dtr
> goes high and stays there forever.  ckermit will drop dtr temporarally
> after disconnecting from a call, but as soon as I exit ckermit, it goes
> high again...

Perhaps you have a getty or uugetty process active on the port?
It expects incoming calls whenever the modem is not in use, so it
asserts dtr all of the time, to enable auto-answer of incoming
calls.  It should lower dtr momentarily when a caller logs off, and
then re-assert dtr and hold it high.

--
Dave Levenson
Westmark, Inc.		The Man in the Mooney