PC AT won't drop DTR under xenix

Bob Leffler bob at rel.eds.com
Wed Jun 8 01:38:51 AEST 1988

In article <195 at westmark.UUCP>, dave at westmark.UUCP (Dave Levenson) writes:
> In article <398 at jc3b21.UUCP>, rac at jc3b21.UUCP (Roger A. Cornelius) writes:
> >...But when I boot xenix, the first time I access the modem, dtr
> > goes high and stays there forever.  ckermit will drop dtr temporarally
> > after disconnecting from a call, but as soon as I exit ckermit, it goes
> > high again...
>
> Perhaps you have a getty or uugetty process active on the port?

Perhaps it might be something as obvious as using the disable command on
tty1A?  When Xenix boots it will restore DTR to whatever state is indicated
in /etc/ttys.

You should disable and enable the ports before and after using a comm program
such as kermit.

--
Bob Leffler - EDS, GM Truck & Bus Account (313)456-5375
bob at rel.eds.com or {uunet!edsews, rutgers, umix}!rel!bob