CD-ROm Driver Wanted

James Cayz cayz at udel.EDU
Fri Jun 24 19:20:32 AEST 1988

Hi,

	I recently received a SONY CDU230 card and CSU510-02 CD ROM drive
combo.  The software I am using runs great under DOS, but since my project is
under SCO Xenix 2.2, this is sorta a bummer.  If anyone has ever written a CD
ROM device driver, maybe even a Sony device driver, I would like to hear from
you!!!!

	Also, from some experimentation (ie, removing the CD while the program
tries to access it), I have found that the program (or modified DOS 3.3) thinks
it is a hard drive (C:, in my case).  Is there an easy way access it in this
way?  Note that while it errors when the CD is ejected, it also errors when the
CD is in, but the CD software isn't running (IE, 'dir C:' gets a READ error).

	Any hints, tips, suggestions on how I should attack this problem would
be greatly appreciated.  Please reply directly to me, I promise to send out a
summary on how I eventually got it to work!!!

						Thanx,
						James