man pages & SCO Xenix

Chip Rosenthal chip at vector.UUCP
Thu Jun 30 10:59:23 AEST 1988

As a side issue, I've never understood why XENIX took one suitably crummy
convention (1 2 3 ... 8) and replaced it with another crummy convention
(C F M S ...).  It certainly isn't worth the price of breaking every "make
install" in the world.  My understanding is that this is a usoft-ism, and
not a sco-ism.  In the grand scheme of things, it's pretty trivial.  But
I hope the *nix merger-mania fixes this.
--
Chip Rosenthal /// chip at vector.UUCP /// Dallas Semiconductor /// 214-450-0400
{uunet!warble,sun!texsun!rpp386,killer}!vector!chip