man pages & SCO Xenix

The Super User root at libove.UUCP
Wed Jun 29 10:55:57 AEST 1988

>From article <45 at telcomm.UUCP>, by wrm at telcomm.UUCP (William R. Mattil):
[ discussion about "man" not searching "default" paths ]
> Thanks in Advance
> --
> William R. Mattil  NC6T      |  INTERNET: wrm at telcomm.CTS.COM
> 5292 System Dr.              |  UUCP: {hplabs, trwrb}!felix!telcomm!wrm
> Huntington Beach Calif.      |  PHONENET: (714) 891 - 9441

I hacked the /usr/bin/man script on SCO Xenix (2.2.1) to use "find" starting
at /usr/man to locate files, instead of the unusual way it does it by
default, which is to let the shell expand a particular set of paths with
wildcards...

I would post diffs or the new man program I use except that I think I would
be in violation of the SCO copyright if I did that. Any thoughts on whether
or not this is true? ANY COMMENTS, SCO?

--
Jay Libove               Internet: libove at cs.cmu.edu libove at andrew.cmu.edu
5313 Ellsworth Avenue              formtek!ditka!libove!libove at pt.cs.cmu.edu