19.2 Kbaud Serial under Xenix

Jack F. Vogel jack at turnkey.TCC.COM
Wed Jun 29 21:06:17 AEST 1988

In article <208 at ISIDAPS5.UUCP> mike at ISIDAPS5.UUCP (Mike Maloney) writes:
>I have Xenix System V, version 2.2.2 and need to support 19.2 Kbaud
>for some software I am writing.  The xenix documentation ( stty(C),
>stty(HW), termio(M) ) leads me to believe that only up to 9600 is
>supported.

No problem, in fact we run terminals at 38.4K all the time. I did not have
time to check the documentation about whether this is "supported" or not,
perhaps this is some sort of policy statement rather than fact. If you want
19.2K set the port to the gettydef entry EXTA, and as you might surmise EXTB
is 38.4. One caveat here is that your performance at these speeds will
definitely be hardware dependent (i.e., watch out for cheap serial cards!).

					Good luck,

--
Jack F. Vogel
Turnkey Computer Consultants, Costa Mesa, CA