16 files per user limit on Tandy 6000

Mark J. Bailey root at mjbtn.UUCP
Fri Jun 3 23:15:15 AEST 1988

I have a user who is developing COBOL applications on the Tandy 6000
and has the need to open more than 16 files at once for a given user.
His system appears to open more than 16 files (at least, no error
messages), but they really aren't opening.

My question is, with the new Xenix 3.2, is there a way to configure
more than the original 16 files per user limit?  If not, is that limit
tied into hardware restrictions?

Please email responses to root at mjbtn.UUCP.

Thank you in advance.

Mark.

--
Mark J. Bailey                                    "Y'all com bak naw, ya hear!"
USMAIL: 511 Memorial Blvd., Murfreesboro, TN 37130 ___________________________