BEL stopped working on SCO Xenix

Roger Murray rem at remsit.UUCP
Sun Jun 19 05:03:34 AEST 1988

What happens to me is the bell will stop working if it was ringing as I was
switching multiscreens.  [I know it sounds impossible, but I've done it more
times than I can remember.]  For example, if I'm running kermit and I connect
just as I go to check on something else, it will stop beeping after that.
Usually, I have to wait until rebooting before getting it back.  Other times,
it mysteriously returns.
--
Roger Murray

UUCP: ...!{ihnp4,randvax,sdcrdcf,ucbvax}!ucla-cs!cepu!ucla-an!remsit!rem
ARPA: cepu!ucla-an!remsit!rem at CS.UCLA.EDU