BEL stopped working on SCO Xenix

The Beach Bum haugj at pigs.UUCP
Wed Jun 15 04:34:08 AEST 1988

i have noticed an intermittent problem with my machine and the BELL character
recently.  the bell doesn't ring in vi, even with errorbells set, it doesn't
ring if I type a bell - BUT - it may ring if I cat a file with a BELL character
in it.  some bells seem to work and others don't ...

the speaker is Just Fine(tm), as determined by running a file through the
speaker device driver.  i am at a total loss as to what is going on here ...

- john.
--
 The Beach Bum                                 Big "D" Home for Wayward Hackers
 UUCP: ...!killer!rpp386!jfh                          jfh at rpp386.uucp :SMAILERS

 "You are in a twisty little maze of UUCP connections, all alike" -- fortune