UUCP problems between HDB UUCP and XENIX UUCP

Mike Squires mikes at ncoast.UUCP
Tue May 31 14:58:26 AEST 1988

In article <223 at diox> eric at diox (Eric Pouyoul) writes:
>I have to connect with UUCP two systems. One is a 286 running
>IBM XENIX, witch have some UUCP link with other systems, like VAXs under
>BSD 4.3 and some *UNIX* systems.
>
>The second machine is a Motorola under a native System V.3 release 4.
>With this package, UUCP is the famous HDB UUCP. I have a little documentation
>to configure this UUCP, but, when XENIX call the Motorola, all is ok, but
>nothing done after the "shere= ..." message.

This may not be the answer to your specific problem, but I have found that my
Tandy 6000 under 68K XENIX 3.2 (3.0 development system) will fail in the way
described (connection dropped after startup) when the first task queued is a
uucp file copy.  Sending a piece of mail "solves" the problem.  This has occurred
between the 6000 and systems that I know to be running HDB and those that I
suspect to be running HDB.  It appears only when the 6000 is polling the HDB
system, and not vice versa.

Mike Squires Allegheny College Meadville, PA 16335 814 724 3360
uucp: ..!mandrill!ncoast!{mikes,peng!sir-alan!mikes} or ..!pitt!sir-alan!mikes
BITNET: mikes%sir-alan at pitt.UUCP (VAX) MIKES AT SIR-ALAN!PITT.UUCP (IBM)
known in the SCA as Sir Alan Culross, Earl Marshall of the Middle Kingdon