UUCP problems between HDB UUCP and XENIX UUCP

Eric Pouyoul eric at diox
Tue May 17 05:49:58 AEST 1988

I have to connect with UUCP two systems. One is a 286 running
IBM XENIX, witch have some UUCP link with other systems, like VAXs under
BSD 4.3 and some *UNIX* systems.

The second machine is a Motorola under a native System V.3 release 4.
With this package, UUCP is the famous HDB UUCP. I have a little documentation
to configure this UUCP, but, when XENIX call the Motorola, all is ok, but
nothing done after the "shere= ..." message.

I don't know where is the bug, in the HDB configuration or in my physical
link (XENIX tty driver is not so good).

I'm sure about the electrical connexion (I can use it with kermit).

Did anyone make this link (XENIX <-> SystemV.3) ?

Thank's

Eric