Everex EVGA with SCO Xenix 2.2.3

Bob Palowoda palowoda at megatest.UUCP
Sun May 15 17:30:15 AEST 1988

in article <1151 at daisy.UUCP>, david at daisy.UUCP (David Schachter) says:

> Anyone have similar problems, perhaps with some other
> brand of hardware?  Any ideas?  Am I missing some-
> thing?

 [In reference to Xenix and VGA]
 I tried the Vega VGA with 2.2.1 and it dosn't work. I resets the
 computer when it appearently about to display the configuration.

> SCO has been helpful but their driver apparently has
> some device-specific peculiarities that DOS and the
> ROM BIOS do not.  A useful program for SCO to offer
> cheap or free would be one which would say "Yes this
> hardware is compatible" or "No, the following prob-
> lems exist:..."  This could prevent time wasting and
> stress.

  I coundn't agree more. I've been caught many times
  between a hardware and a software companys "who's doing what wrong",
  and the bottem line came out of my pocket. Better yet they can
  write them and distribute them through public domain channels.

---Bob