Looking for a xfer protocol (source preferred) usable with cu.

Earl H. Kinmonth cck at deneb.ucdavis.edu
Fri Aug 18 13:17:51 AEST 1989

[request for cu with file transfer protocol.]

>Why not just use ckermit.

One reason, is that ckermit on Vax hosts is a CPU pig. If you are
paying for time, zmodem can be much less expensive to run (roughly 50
percent on UCD Vax 11/750s). zmodem also appears to handle binary files
with less overhead and somewhat higher transfer rates.

>line sharing scheme.  Also, on my system ckermit writes screens much faster
>than cu.

My experience too. You can have the best of both worlds. zmodem can be
run from ckermit on your local machine with the ! command. In fact
zmodem can be run from with mskermit as well; I do it often.