Using the DigiComm multi-port board with SCO Xenix

David C. Raines davr at hrtix.UUCP
Wed Aug 16 01:21:28 AEST 1989

In article <963 at lakesys.UUCP>, davek at lakesys.UUCP (Dave Kraft) writes:
>> At my place of employment, we are looking into buying an 8 port board,
>> and one that we are looking at is called DigiComm.  Anyone know if this can
>> be used with SCO Xenix 386 2.3.2??  Any info would be appriciated.

>After posting my previous article, I noticed that I used the wrong name.  Where
>I have DigiComm in my previous message, please substitute Digiboard.  Thanks

My Digiboard came with a driver for SCO Xenix 2.3 so it should work fine
on your system. I am using the Digiboard PC/8i on Interactive 386/ix.
I am very happy with it.  The only drawback is the 'octopus' (8 wires with
RS232 25 pin connectors), which plugs into the back of the board.  It not all
bad though; the wires are long enough to reach nearby peripherals like the modem
without needing an additional wire.

I believe they also have an adaptor for RJ-45 connectors, which
would be nice, but I have other machines with other IO boards
and every manufacturer seems to have their own idea of what RJ45
pin configurations should be.  (ARE YOU READING THIS Digiboard,
Bell, Arnet, Anvil, etc. etc....).

Actually, Digiboard has the closest setup of all boards that
I,m aware of, to what I,d like to see. If the pins were symmetrical, then
the same adaptors could be used for either modems, computers, terminals,etc.
by simply flipping the wire.
	Example:  	1 DTR  ---------
			2 GND  ------  |
			3 RTS  ---  |  |