Xenix - elm problem

Bob McGowen Wyse Technology Training bob at wyse.wyse.com
Tue Aug 15 09:31:03 AEST 1989

In article <24E70682.2226 at ateng.com> chip at ateng.com (Chip Salzenberg) writes:
>[Followups to comp.unix.xenix.]
>
>According to eddjp at althea.UUCP (Dewey Paciaffi):
>>Apparently Xenix rmail can only handle one name at a time, and elm is
Absolutely!!
>>sending multiple names? Is there anything I can do to cure this?
>
>Yes.  Install Smail 2.5 with my Xenix patches.  Smail 2.5 is in the
---deleted---

I also had problems with rmail and multiple command line args.  Needing
a quick fix I built the following script, which solves the immediate
problems without having to get any sources, compiling and possibly
debugging, etc... :-)

   for name
   do
      xrmail $name
   done

The name of the script is rmail and the original XENIX rmail is
renamed to xrmail.  The script will loop through all names on its
command line invoking the XENIX rmail on each one in turn.

Bob McGowan  (standard disclaimer, these are my own ...)
Customer Education, Wyse Technology, San Jose, CA
..!uunet!wyse!bob
bob at wyse.com