tcpip on ps/2

Randy Suess randy at chinet.chi.il.us
Sat Aug 12 01:28:50 AEST 1989

In article <6345 at turnkey.TCC.COM> jackv at turnkey.gryphon.COM writes:
]In article <9196 at chinet.chi.il.us> randy at chinet.chi.il.us (Randy Suess) writes:
]>	I just installed 2.3.2 on a PS/2 Model 80.  I also bought
]
]This bit of info may or may not be of much use to you since you said you
]already purchased SCO, but particularly for those out there owning PS/2's
]I would take a hard look at AIX PS/2. It has TCP/IP with the driver for
]the Ungerman Bass card, (or token ring for those that care) I don't think
]I know, I know this must be sounding like an advertisement considering my
]signature but I am quite serious. I would run AIX on turnkey but it is not
]a PS/2. Anybody who is even slightly biased to the BSD environment should run
]to their local Businessland and see a demo. The only more fully BSD based
]Unix for the 386 is Sun.
]Jack F. Vogel			jackv at seas.ucla.edu

	Sorry, but I disagree completely.  I took AIX off the PS/2
	and put XENIX on because XENIX is more UNIX than AIX could
	ever hope to be.  True, xwindows is nice.  However, has anyone
	ever heard of a C compiler on any other UNIX put out a 4 line
	copyright message every time cc is invoked??  Sure makes
	"nohup make emacs" fun looking for errors in the nohup.out
	file.  Many UNIX tools are replaced just because IBM wanted
	to.  No lp, lpr.  Just print.  Doesn't msdos have print?
	AIX is not UNIX.  It is IBM's version of a user friendly
	multiuser DOS.

	-randy
--
Randy Suess