Xenix probs...

mel mel at fleet.UUCP
Tue Aug 22 09:05:11 AEST 1989

In article <941 at utoday.UUCP> greenber at utoday.UUCP (Ross M. Greenberg) writes:
>An odd problem has been hitting us here.  We run with a Compaq 386,
>running the latest version of Xenix.  Computone Serial card.
>
>About once per week, something is trashing the system. Not a panic.
>Instead, it kills the tty drivers in some magical and mystical way.
>First symptom is that the tty's (even the console) starts to drop characters.
>Ross M. Greenberg
>UNIX TODAY!             594 Third Avenue   New York   New York  10016

A friend of mine had the same problem running on an ALR Flexcache 386 CPU.
The common denominator is "Computone".  He was using two of their 16 port
cards.  The problem was solved after he contacted Computone and got the
specific install software for their version of Xenix.  It seems like their
software is very taylored to each release of Xenix and required a specific
match to work.

Mel Shear
Way Down Yonder in New Orleans